The programme unit is responsible for the organisation and implementation of the CBE JU calls for proposals and the management of the selected projects. By doing that, it supports research, demonstration and deployment activities in the European bioeconomy sector.
The programme unit is specifically in charge of:
- Coordination of the CBE JU annual work plan
- Contribution to SRIA review
- Call management and proposals evaluation
- Grant agreement preparation
- Project management
- Overall programme monitoring
- Secretariat of the CBE JU advisory bodies
- Horizontal activities including studies and synergies with other initiatives
Virginia Puzzolo - Head of Programme Unit
Virginia holds a doctoral degree in plant ecology and biology. For the last 20 years, she has been working in developing and implementing the EU research and innovation policies in several EU institutions, focusing mainly on Earth observation and space industrial technologies. Virginia’s previous professional experience includes the European Commission’s Research Executive Agency, the Enterprise Directorate-General of the European Commission, the EU’s Joint Research Centre, as well as the Italian Research Forest Management Institute.