The administration and finance unit provides the tools that CBE JU needs to pursue its overall mission. With a service-minded approach, it ensures the effective and efficient use of all available resources across all CBE JU activities.
In particular, the administration and finance unit:
- Safeguards CBE JU’s financial interests by coordinating the preparation of operational and operating budgets
- Ensures that CBU JU’s financial operations are carried out in compliance with procedures, legality and regularity requirements, following sound financial management principles, and recorded in accordance with the accounting rules and standards
- Ensures timely recruitment and adequate allocation of human resources and a high-quality working environment
- Provides statutory and administrative assistance, career guidance, and training and promotes equal opportunities for all CBE JU staff
- Guarantees secure, efficient and high-quality IT services and infrastructure contributing to a productive and efficient working environment for CBE JU staff and external stakeholders
Nicolò Giacomuzzi-Moore - Head of the Administration and Finance Unit
Nicolò holds a degree in economics and international trade. He has been dealing with European affairs over the last 20 years, particularly in research and innovation funding and support to enterprises. Before joining BBI JU in 2016 as head of the administration and finance unit, Nicolò worked for the Italian business association and the European Commission’s Research Executive Agency.
Follow Nicolò Giacomuzzi-Moore on LinkedIn.