Call identifier: H2020-BBI-JTI-2020
The Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) is responsible for the implementation of open Call for proposals for Research and Innovation Actions (RIAs), Innovation Actions (IAs - DEMOs and FLAGs) and Coordination and Support Actions (CSAs), in line with the Horizon 2020 rules for participation.
18 grant agreements with the projects selected for funding under this call have been signed for a total amount of €104.5 million BBI JU funding.
Submission results and evaluation
A total of 229 proposals were submitted in response to the Call for proposals 2020:
- CSA - 38 proposals
- RIA - 123 proposals
- IA - DEMO - 49 proposals
- IA - FLAG - 19 proposals
The evaluation of the proposals took place in October - November 2020. Applicants were informed about the outcome of the evaluations in January 2021.
The successful proposals completed the Grant Agreement Preparation (GAP) and signed grant agreements with BBI JU by early May 2021.
Highlights of Call 2020
- This is the seventh BBI JU call since 2014.
- 4 strategic orientations: Feedstock, Process, Products, and Market uptake.
- Indicative budget: €102 million (the call budget may be topped up by unused BBI JU appropriations from previous years within the limit set in the call budget flexibility).
- 16 topics: 5 RIAs, 4 CSAs, 4 DEMOs, 3 FLAGs.
- Estimated value of the in-kind contributions by the members other than the Union or their constituent entities (BIC): minimum €49 million.
- Publication of topic texts (via the Annual Work Plan 2020): December 2019
- Call opening: 15 April 2020
- Call closure: 3 September 2020, 17:00 CET
- Proposal evaluations: October - November 2020
- Results sent to applicants: January 2021
- Grant agreement signature: May 2020
- The Annual Work Plan 2020 contains the full topic texts
- Call booklet
- 2020 BBI JU Virtual Info Day of 22 April
- Get in touch with other potential BBI JU Call applicants via the Partnering Platform
- Contact the respective member of the network of National Contact Points to get professional support and advice
- Find all the experts for the Call 2020.
- Guide for applicants
- FAQ for applicants
- BBI JU Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA)
- Horizon 2020 Rules for participation
- BBI JU Derogation to H2020 Rules for Participation
- BBI JU Regulation of establishment
- Horizon 2020 Regulation of Establishment
- Communication from BIC regarding the project beneficiaries contribution (21/09/2018)